- JOVES AMB INTERÈS EN LA SOSTENIBILITAT I EL MEDI AMBIENT
- ALTRES ORGANITZACIONS SENSE ÀNIM DE LUCRE I VOLUNTARIATS
- AUTORITATS PÚBLIQUES
PlayGreen is a European project directed at young people that is dedicated to environmental sustainability and the fight against climate change (which has recently come to be known as the climate emergency), it aims to connect them with the sports world to make it more sustainable and encourage them to engage in physical activity.
PlayGreen means playing for the creation of sustainable sports events and contributing to the mitigation of the effects of climate change through young specialist volunteers and young people who want to receive training on climate change and the environment.
During 2019 and 2020, the programme is being created and put to the test within the framework of four sports events organised by the UEFA federations of Malta, Estonia, Latvia and the Flemish region of Belgium. In each country, a comprehensive strategy is put in place to include local agents and create synergies to attract volunteers. The Federations mentor volunteers who will form a mixed team made up of at least 40 % women.
The project will make three tools available to sports entities so other sports entities can organise sustainable events and/or access material to learn more about the subject.
If you would like more information you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and if you would like to join the network of sustainable sports entities that we are creating you can complete the form for sustainable sports entities here.
Participation of Ecoserveis
We provide training and disseminate knowledge about energy and volunteering to those responsible for sports events so they can apply it in their everyday work.
- Involve young people with an interest in the environment and climate change to create sustainable sports events.
- Strengthen the commitment to sustainability of sports entities and their followers.
- Encourage young people with an interest in sustainability to play sports.
- Help young people to develop skills and abilities that will prove to be valuable in their professional lives within the framework of sustainable development.
- Increase female participation in sports events.