- Families in a situation of vulnerability in the Osona region
“Solar energy for all: participation, territory and social action for the community” is a project that addresses the alleviation of energy poverty through the direct participation of families in the local and just energy transition. New York State’s Solar for All model methodology’s has been adapted to focus on social billing, with the aim to reduce the energy expenditure of households thanks to the energy generated in public photovoltaic installations.
Participation in the project is completely free for the beneficiaries, who not only receive financial compensation to cover part of their basic needs, but also become part of a program of activities for a new energy culture. , empowerment and social cohesion in the territory.
In this first implementation of the project in Europe (co-financed by the La Caixa Foundation) the Osona County Council and Ecoserveis have joined forces to deploy the project in the Osona County, taking advantage of the various public photovoltaic installations in the region’s municipalities, and reversing the results not only in the beneficiary families, but in the whole associative fabric of the territory.
Participation of Ecoserveis
Coordinació del projecte.
The overall objective of the project is to generate new responses to eradicate energy poverty by considering families as active agents and not passive consumers.
The specific objectives are:
- Develop a tool to reduce the energy vulnerability of families, linking them to the participation of public renewable facilities.
- Encourage co-responsibility and the active commitment of the neighbourhood, with the collaboration of the associative fabric and the administrations regarding energy and its management in the different areas of daily life.
- Generate activities to promote social cohesion from the renewable energy vector, and in particular from public photovoltaic installations.
- Influence public policies to promote the eradication of energy poverty from the community side by integrating their participation in renewable energies to ensure a socially just energy transition.
- 30 families from 6 different municipalities at the Osona region
- 3000 € of income from solar energy shared among the families
- A sharing tool, available for every other municipality interested in the project (you can download it in our website)
- 10different activities focused on empowerment and dissemination in 2021
- More than 50 administrations and actors interested in the project assisted the online presentation: Comunitats Energètiques, projectes transformadors
- The project adresses energy poverty in a transversal workflow among actors, thus making families on social exclusion participators